Night Guards Woodland Hills, CA
If you grind or clench your teeth during sleep and often wake up feeling unrested and in pain, our dentists may recommend a night guard. A custom-made night guard can protect your teeth and jaws while you sleep from the negative effects of teeth grinding, and keep your smile looking and feeling healthy.
What is a Night Guard?
A night guard is a special type of mouth guard that is used to treat bruxism, or teeth grinding and clenching. If our dentist suspects that you suffer from bruxism, we may recommend a night guard to protect your teeth from damage and prevent teeth grinding while you sleep. This night guard will be custom made to fit your smile comfortably and effectively, allowing you to sleep peacefully while protecting your smile.
When Do You Need a Night Guard?
Many people who suffer from bruxism are unaware of the condition because it occurs while they sleep. If you notice the signs of bruxism, you may benefit from a custom night guard. Common signs of nighttime teeth clenching and grinding include:
- Chronic jaw pain, facial pain, and ear pain
- Awakening with a tired or tight feeling in the jaw
- Frequent tension headaches and migraines
- Excessive tooth wear, leading to chipped, flattened, cracked, or very worn teeth
- Extremely worn tooth enamel, exposing the inner layers of the tooth
- Indentations on the side of the tongue
- Increased tooth sensitivity