Dental Crowns Woodland Hills, CA
If you are suffering from a damaged and painful tooth, a dental crown may be the right choice to protect and restore your healthy smile. A dental crown, or cap, is a restoration treatment that can be used to support a tooth that is significantly decayed. Each dental crown is custom made to fit over your entire tooth, starting at the gum line, in order to restore the tooth to its original shape and size.
What is a Dental Crown Used For?
Whether you have a weak tooth that needs protection or you want to replace an old metal restoration, porcelain crowns can be an effective, and natural looking option. A tooth crown may be used to:
- Maintaining the integrity of your bone structure
- Preserving the health of adjacent teeth
- Distributing bite forces evenly throughout the mouth
- Improving the facial appearance by preventing bone loss
- Functioning and feeling like natural teeth
- Improving speaking ability
What Are Dental Crowns Made of?
Dental crowns can be made of gold, porcelain, or porcelain fused to metal. Porcelain crowns are popular because they match the natural color and appearance of your teeth. These dental crowns enhance your smile while also providing optimal function and strength. Our dentists will help you determine which type of dental crown is right for your smile.