Tooth Extraction Woodland Hills, CA
At Woodland Hills Family Dentistry, our doctors work hard to protect and preserve your teeth. However, we understand that there are times when a tooth extraction or wisdom tooth extraction may be the most effective way to improve your smile. Our dentists are experienced at gentle tooth extraction and we offer different sedation options to keep you comfortable.
What is a Tooth Extraction?
A tooth extraction is the removal of a tooth from its socket in the gum. Dental extractions and wisdom tooth extractions are common dental procedures, and many patients will need one at some point in their lives.
Following a tooth extraction, our dentists are happy to provide you with one of our excellent tooth replacement solutions, if needed, to restore your smile to optimal health, beauty, and function.
Why Does Someone Need a Tooth Extraction?
Several conditions may necessitate a tooth extraction, including:
- Severe infection that has destroyed a significant portion of the tooth and supporting bone structure
- Serious decay that has damaged a tooth beyond repair, making a successful restoration impossible
- Crowding caused by too many teeth to properly fit in the mouth
- Impacted or painful wisdom teeth
- Preparation for a tooth replacement solution, such as dental implants or dentures