Sedation Dentistry Woodland Hills, CA
At Woodland Hills Family Dentistry, we provide dental sedation options so that our patients can always get the care they need without feeling pain or anxiety during treatment.
Our experienced dentist and dental team will ensure that your entire treatment is safe. Each member of our team is highly trained in providing sedation dentistry, and we always carefully monitor you during your visit to make sure you are comfortable and relaxed.
What are the Different Types of Sedation?
Woodland Hills Family Dentistry has several types of sedation dentistry available based on your individual needs and preferences including:
- Nitrous oxide (laughing gas) is a sedative gas that is mixed with oxygen. You simply inhale the gas during your treatment to help you feel more relaxed. Nitrous oxide is a mild form of sedation that wears off just a few minutes after we stop the flow of gas.
- Oral sedation involves taking an oral medication prescribed by our doctor before your treatment. By the time of your appointment, you will feel calm and at ease.
- IV sedation involves administering medication intravenously (through the veins). This type of sedation enables our dentist to provide the sedation quickly, and we can also easily control the level of sedation to ensure that you stay comfortable. IV sedation is a form of conscious sedation, meaning that it will not make you unconscious, but you may feel so relaxed that you fall asleep during your treatment. You may also not remember all of the details of your visit.
Who Should Use Sedation Dentistry?
Our caring dentists work hard to make sure our patients are comfortable throughout their dental appointments, and we can recommend the sedation option that fits your needs. Sedation dentistry can help you feel more comfortable during your dental treatment and is a good choice for patients who:
- Suffer from extreme dental anxiety
- Have had negative previous dental experiences
- Feel nervous about their dental treatment
- Have an extremely sensitive gag reflex
- Have difficulty getting numb